Wednesday, December 29, 2010



project-ed in the morning and got ready for the delicious dinner celebration part 1 tonight (:

its basically a 10 course teochew style dishes @ boon keng area. idea was from daddy's clique of friends. we were the first family to reach followed by the rest. all came in with a bottle of wine. end up 16 ppl were drinking 6 bottles of wine. [and had to add on, my parents actually let me drink for the first time! - this might sound ridiculous given i'm of legal age. ]

the main organizer bought a birthday cake from awfully chocolate! and its indeed awfully tasty! perhaps i should get that next yr for daddy. ohoh! i was really happie yesterday cause i saw aunty elaine after 3 yrs! she became a really devoted buddhist over the years and for the past 3 yrs, she's been cooping and mediating herself in Myanmar, India and Vietnam. yes, she didnt came back to singapore at all. and thats why i really miss her that much. she's been one of the nicest and friendly-est aunty i ever seen. someone who will never forgets me in the course of her trips. of course, after 3 solid years of misses, we gave each other a hug in the beginning and when going home. chatted alot and got to know how's she getting on these years.

every year after this celebration, the way they remembered my dad's birthday really touches me. for the 20 over years of friendships.. and it just grew stronger despite the busy hectic work schedules and all. its pretty interesting to hear the crazy things they did as a clique in the midnight while they were young (: indeed everyone's been YOUNG once.

had a little chat with my parents that day, and they told me actually its pretty scary to see how years passed all the time. f-a-s-t. so fast that sometimes they were worried. because it means a step nearer to their death. i mean its not to be pessimistic and all, just facing the reality :/ somehow this struck me that night. it also means, i'll have lesser days left to spend with them. perhaps i shant make them worry for me that often. i love them, despite all the quarrels and arguments. and if one day there's a way to let them stay with me forever, i hope it applies to them too :)

Sometimes you have to run away so you can see who will run after you.
Sometimes you have to speak softer, just to see who’s actually listening.
Sometimes you have to take a step back, to see who’s still standing by your side.
Sometimes you have to make a wrong decision, to see who’s there when everything falls apart.
Sometimes you have to let go of the one you love, just to see if they love you enough to come back.

and no matter which of the above happens, i know my daddy and mommy will be the ones there to hold onto me and walk my life along with me :D

tomorrow's the dinner part 2!

No comments: